Spark curiosity and inspire critical thinking by combining process art with children's picture books.
By integrating process art with children's literature, you can help build children's knowledge of the world as well as boost critical thinking, comprehension, language, and communication skills - all while providing a creative outlet for children to share their thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
The books we highlight in our Wonderment Book Art series are thoughtfully chosen for their overall story, impactful themes, and high-quality illustrations. Each book is meant to spark curiosity while inspiring deep thinking, creativity, and open-ended exploration. All of our book suggestions and supplies are interchangeable depending on what you have available. We want you to be inspired but not feel limited in what you can do.
What you get with each Book Art:
• Curated art ideas/inspiration paired with a high quality children's picture book*
• An essential question centered around the book's themes and big ideas
• Resources, links, and insight into the illustrator's style, technique, and process
• Language to use with children as you discuss the illustrations and the illustrator's creative process
• A list of supply suggestions and links to some of our favorite art supplies
• Ways to set up the creative space
• Questions to cultivate creative thinking and promote a deeper understanding of the book's theme
• Links to additional book titles that will support your journey around the theme as well as links to more books by the illustrator
• An inspirational photo gallery to share ideas and #artfulsetups
*Book not included