Setting up an invitation to create does not have to be complicated, but there are some fundamental things to keep in mind:
• There should be no instructions, samples, models, or expectations - just free exploration.
• The way in which you set up and present the supplies should be thoughtful.
• More isn’t necessarily better; putting lots of supplies out at once can be overwhelming.
• Offer one new material, halfway through an experience, to create excitement and challenge artists to incorporate new ideas into their work.
• Invitations should be inviting and aesthetically pleasing.
• Use jars, baskets, and other containers for supplies.
• Make things neat and organized for optimum creative exploration.